Welcome everyone!

Come here and talk about your favorite candy, chocolate, and other sweets here with us. We want information from around the world, and recipes, too!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Godiva Chocolate

        
My first love, when it comes to chocolate was Godiva. When I was a student in college I had a job on the weekends at the Sheraton Inn in Ithaca, NY, and every weekend, the minute I got paid, I would go to this cute little clothing boutique and buy a small box of the most delicious Godiva Chocolate Mousse Truffle (if that is what it was called, and for the life of me I can’t remember) in the shape of a half walnut with a half a walnut on top. The box was $14 back then, and it was worth every penny. I would eat them all by the end of the afternoon and dream about the next week’s stash. It was a pleasure that I went out of my way for, and enjoyed immensely. 
It looked similar to the one pictured above, but that's not it!

         After contacting Godiva I discovered that this beauty hasn’t been made for years. Naturally I requested, in fact, begged that it be brought back.. we will see what happens. 

         In the meantime, there are enough chocolate wonders out there to cater to everyone’s special taste buds, right? So, let’s explore them all!



No comments:

Post a Comment